Thursday, August 18, 2011

Heading Our Separate Ways

The day we have been waiting for has finally arrived.  Mywife and daughterare on their final leg of thier drive to Mobile AL., to wait for the arrival of Raelynn Sarah Hust.  I am finishing the last touches of packing to head on my journey to Ethiopia.  The waiting is over.

At this point, there is not much any of us can do.  The next week is going to be dynamic, with me half a world away and our new daughter expected to arrive somewhere in the middle of that journey.  I feel like I'm on a ride at the amusement park.  You get in, buckle up and you go where the ride takes you.  You can't get out in the middle, you've comitted yourself.

And yet, I am at total peace.  As crazy as this may look from the outside, so many things have come together in such a way, I can only believe it is still going to work out.

So off I go, into one of the biggest adventures of my life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment