Monday, April 25, 2011

Grace in Unusual Places

Two weeks ago, the missions team began preparations for teaching Vacation Bible School to the Ethiopian orphans we will be serving.  Of all the activities we will be doing, this one scared me the most.  I can put in the floor in a church, deliver animals to widows an orphans, but get up and do a skit in front of 100 children... not so much.

However, about half way through the skit preparations, it began to dawn on me.  All this year, I had been participating in AWANA.  I was the leader for four Sparkies, ages five and six.  I also had to do a skit in front of a room full of five to seven year-olds, and keep their attention for 20 minutes. 

This was a real stretch out of my comfort zone. The last time I was in any type of play was 31 years ago, in the 8th Grade.  But I did pull it off, and afterwards some of the kids came up and thanked me for my skit.

You see, God had been preparing me all year for this missions trip, by placing me in AWANA.  As Pastor Brett said in his message two weeks ago, "God doesn't prepare you for great works, He prepares you for good works."

No comments:

Post a Comment